Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Maxisys won't boot after update
Maxisys won't boot after update

11417 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-19 03:37:36

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    Please come back and update us on outcome!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-01 15:08:32 (Reply to:KevinWhitehead)

As much as I think the Maxi Sys Elite is cool and autel has improved the battery capacity and the battery to be removable , they need to provide users a fast easy way to restore the tablets to the working condition with the original software that  it came with out of the box.I figure with all the past software problems of MaxiSys, the  Elite's  should come standard with a larger Partitioned 128GB SSD that you could hold a button or switch in on startup that would let you be able to use it running off Back up Software mode and isolated from Autel's server from fudging up restore partition's software.
     I'm curious what was the down time these 8 users had with their Maxi Sys Elites before they ever got the tablets fixed and working again.My old DS708 is slow, and WIFI is disconnected from my network, If I have an issue ,I can put in another  old SD backup card.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-03-02 01:56:03

4 more units out after update,  3  908p  one Elite and the only way to fix them is by sending them back to china, by the way all 4 units are from china web sites and not authorized dealers nor usa dealer, big mistake ,something to think about when buying the next one. who's to say what is original and what is a clone, this people are master cloners.

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    Lano

2017-03-17 14:39:56 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Did you send them all back to China? I'm very scared now to buy one now from them.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Deon

2017-03-28 13:06:25

Mine is also stuck at the boot screen after an update this morning. Emailed support............waiting!!!!!!!!!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-03-28 15:46:37 (Reply to:Deon)

I have been waiting 2 years for Autel to iron out the software problems that started with  Ford Lawsuit after the factory logos were removed and they started messing with the awesome thinly veiled OE software these  tools once seemed to have. Lawyers and Bureaucrats got involved and management started making the engineers life miserable with Pep talks and dead lines to meet  objectives of optimizing system and trying to make the software seem  different from OE software and still work . Maybe this time the System Optimizer mixed Ford with Dodge and the 2 makes became a new brand called Fudge ?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    V09C60102641

2017-03-29 01:04:52 (Reply to:gblue)

qwertyuiop

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2017-04-19 03:37:36 (Reply to:Lano)

yes I sent them back to china and they all returned fixed, no idea what they did though. I returned them to their original owners and they all promised never to update again lol, I don't blame them. it is very strange that this is happening to some units only.  I suggest to buy only from authorized dealers in your country if possible, if something like this should happen the returned time could be minimum or even avoided completely by buying known genuine units. there has to be a way to fix this things without having to send them back for sure, they just not telling us, maybe for  security reasons, no idea.
  Total2 Pages